... to even utter the word gets me excited. If I had a lot of money I could really go crazy with bedding. I constantly want new bedding. It drives Brandon out of his mind. Travel back with me, if you will, to when I was a mere five years old...
I begged and begged and begged for some mauve satin sheets. Wouldn't you think I would be interested in a new Cabbage Patch Kid? No, all I wanted was mauve satin sheets I saw in the Penny's catalog. I finally got them for my birthday! They replaced my cabbage patch sheets which I had also been obsessed with. I remember studying those cabbage patch sheets for hours, seeing what all of the kids were doing. But wow! I finally got my mauve satins. It wasn't many nights after my birthday that I remember falling out of my bed and hitting my head on my white toy box. This is an early and distinct memory. Those suckers were so slippery!
While Cara was up we were discussing bedding (this occupies 15-20% of all our convos) and were cracking up about my satin sheets at 5! We still have this blue comforter in the family that we line the truck bed with when me move. It's as old as I am. It's origin? Cara, a middle-schooler, worked many a babysitting job and saved for nearly a year to purchase it. She said she saw it at Broadway (the department store) and then yearned for and dreamed of it until she could finally purchase it. I must say, it was worth it. That sucker is still in one piece and soft as butter!
What funny little girls we were. Please tell me Anika didn't get the love for bedding. She had better ask for a doll house at five. Can't you just hear her whining now... "but Moooom, they're 400tc egyptian cotton!" ... stomp, stomp, stomp, (brief pause) slam!!!!
Thursday, July 23, 2009
bedding
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
All your posts, always have me laughing. You crack me up. We should hang out. Jenny is coming to visit me this weekend:)
Did you get my message on your birthday? I called and wished you Happy Birthday but you didn't answer:(
Post a Comment