Well, today is our sixth wedding anniversary. My brother's girlfriend saw a photo of me in my wedding dress and then heard me say something about my wedding. She was in shock. You should have seen the look on her face. She said she thought I looked about fourteen, just trying on a prom dress or something. Nope, I was 23. A wee little 23. Oh Alana, your hair. And I'm wondering: I have three sisters, do I not? Do they love me? Why didn't any of them teach me to do my hair?
Brandon and I were going to go out tonight but he had to work late (surprise) so I cooked up a romantic dinner for four at home. (me, the B, Anika and The Bemy).
How are you spending your days in the heat? Ciara, I hear you are having a heat wave. And I assume no central A/C in those parts? We go out early in the a.m. and then bunker down inside our concrete walls for the remainder of the day.
Has it really been six years? Have we really been together for eleven years now? I've been with the big B since he was 21 years old. That seems like such a baby. Jake is about to turn 21. Brandon turns 33 this September. Freaky. Even freakier is how quickly this last year has gone by. It seems like just two months since I was blogging the big 5 yr. anniversary!
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Child Bride of Short Creek (Crick)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
It does go by fast doesn't it. We are on our way to #10 come May. I can't believe how much Anika looks like your sister Janna. Are you sure that she isn't her child?
Yes, we are having the heat wave of the century this week. Today my temp registered 112. Yikes. And you are correct we do not have A/C. We have to leave the house just to get cool. It is pretty sad. We did break down and buy a small portable a/c unit but it barely cools off the living room. Last night we slept on the trampoline and tonight we are having a slumber party on mattrresses in the living room. Next house will have central air!!!
ugghh! that's awful! that's how it was in lake arrowhead- no one had central air, just heat. so when a heat wave came we would all be hanging out on the porch in the hose or at the lake!
wow, you are coming up on 10? that is insane! it really feels like just yesterday.
Post a Comment