Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cabin






The kids think lawn camping is camping camping! Wahoo! Hehehe... fooled 'em. Throw in some s'mores and a hot dog for authenticity and BAM! Camping!

My nanny (Rosario) doesn't typically work weekends but for this an exception was made. She came up Sunday morning to hit the ol' white church with us and then watched Ben while we went on a hike.

Janna and Mike were at a fancy wedding at a vineyard in Sonoma, CA. for the weekend so we were +1. Janna and Mike's life is like Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. Honestly, every weekend they are going somewhere spectacular. (Mike, Skywest) Not only was Tessa (from an old Bachelor) a bridesmaid in the wedding party but Janna also ran into Ben from the most recent Bachelorette. Janna looks here like she's on The Bachelor... Why do I love that show so much? Anyone else minimizing their morals by watching The Bachelor Pad now? It's THE greatest train wreck. I find it impossible to look away.


That's about it these days for me.

Heading to Newport and then Santa Barbara the end of this month. My Grandpa is having a 90th birthday celebration! Granted, he'll fade in and out of knowing who I am but I'm also looking forward to seeing the fam and extended fam.

I've taken the hint everyone is sick of hearing about goats and agrarian fortresses.

I'll try to acquire some new interests.

Like time travel.

Which reminds me... we saw Eric Barnum. We were setting up the tent on the lawn and we heard, "Hi." I didn't hear anyone drive up, either. And then to look up and see just about the most unexpected person in the world, well, I just love when that happens. I guess he was at the reservoir and saw someone was at the cabin and stopped to say hello.

But I do totally love when that happens. No sounds. No warning. It's like he just stepped quietly out from behind the veil or from another dimension or something. Once my brother-in-law Mike came in my downstairs sliding door and I didn't hear him. He came silently up the stairs only to trip on the last one. He caught his fall but it had this tear-out- of- the- fifth- dimension effect as he stumbled into my kitchen. Or a just- dumped- in- from- the- future effect.


3 comments:

Ciara said...

I am sure the kids had a blast. Isn't it funny how you can put up a tent and they think it is camping.Janna is a model. She is so happy and beautiful.

Nic said...

No no- keep your interests. I'm for all of your views minus the legalizing drugs thing. Makes the Word of Wisdom a whole heap easier for our teens. Anyway, could you step out of one of those fifth dimensions and into my house for dinner sometime?

Alana said...

Indeed, got to keep those kids off drugs. And overall drug use among teens has DECLINED in Portugal since decriminalization. Maybe they lose some forbidden-factor and think of the money that could be spent on drug education! And I DO want to come to dinner. When you texted me this weekend, I had to laugh because just five minutes before, I had noted to myself that I'd never been such a wreck. So sweaty and gross, an eye with a stye that was nearly swollen shut and in pain. And no sitter because the littles go to bed so early. But I really am dying to come over again so-- rain check please! I just realized today that you are back in school. How did that summer go by so quickly?