Saturday, March 3, 2012

Williams - Who Knew?

Apparently, it is RARE but POSSIBLE to have two sacks of amniotic fluid. One surrounds the baby and the second one sometimes attaches to the outside of the other one. They call the second one a forebag.

Leave it to me to beat the odds.

On Wednesday night (leap day), my water broke and so we went to the hospital thinking that Abby was going to be born possibly on leap day or the next day. Come to find out after 17 long hours in the hospital (waiting for labor to either start or for the doctor's to determine if it was safe for me to go home) they decided that I must have had a forebag and that is what ruptured instead of the one surrounding the baby. I was dilated to a four so they gave me the option of breaking my water and letting labor begin or they said I could go home and wait. The only risk is that the actual bag could have broken instead of a forebag and the babies head could just be blocking the fluid from leaking and resealed a new bag. Herb and I decided that we would go home and wait until Abby is ready to come.

It is extremely frustrating to know that your water broke and then to be told that "maybe you peed your pants". Seriously, I can tell the difference. It is also a bit disappointing to think that it was all happening and then didn't and then coming home tired and exhausted from no sleep and worrying about what to do has taken its toll. So here I am, two more weeks, just playing the waiting game.

3 comments:

Alana said...

Oh man! I know, sometimes it is SO FRUSTRATING when a doctor tries to tell you something when you REALLY CAN TELL the difference. It's like, TRUST ME! I AM INSIDE MY BODY! Bummer on having to wait longer.... love you!

jenny said...

Poor girl. I feel bad for you. But I love you and miss you so much. I hope she comes soon!
I can't wait to meet her.

Janae May said...

Oh Ciara! Hang in there... she will be here soon! Thanks for the update, I have been thinking about you!