Sunday, June 28, 2009





After packing up the entire house and hauling it away for a four day camping trip, we came home after only one night. Last year Anika was so happy about camping so I thought this year would be the same, and while she was happy (relative term) all day, she would not accept sleeping in the tent. She kept screaming. We would drive her to sleep and then try to sneak her in the tent but she would wake up freaking out. Letting her cry it out would be the solution if there were not other people in the campgrounds. She ended up sleeping all night in her car seat and I slept, or at least tried, all night in the front seat of the car. There was no way I was going to pull one of those nights again. I bet the whole place was glad to see us pack up the next morning.

The next morning Anika said, "I freak in the tent; I scream in the tent." Oh yes you did, my little fire-breathing dragon.

We still managed to have a great weekend. We took Anika swimming and also headed up to the cabin. Better luck next time.

Remember the days of packing only a backpack filled with ramen, flies, and a few changes of panties? Oh, the joy. I'm not kidding, with a kid and car camping I have to pack the whole house. I think we're going to try and take off this October for a good-old-fashioned backpacking trip, me and the B. Bust out the two-man and call it a day. Oh, the simplicity.

3 comments:

Nic said...

Can we come???

Nic said...

A:

Costco- chocolate covered almonds... I JUSTremembered I bought some today, how could I have forgotten. Im pulling those out right after I say this:

Have you lost weight???

Alana said...

YUM, and a little. A measly 6 lbs. which seems like nothing when I have 24 more to go. I'm keeping it up, though. save some of those almonds for the movie.