Since I'm sitting here at the computer, having just blogged those photos, why not share a funny story that happened to me last Friday?
I took the minivan to Jiffy Lube for an oil change and safety inspection. I'm sitting with the kids in the waiting room when the dude comes in and starts inquiring... "Are you the owner of your car?" "When did you purchase it?" aaaaaaand.... "Is that your pipe hidden inside the air filter compartment?"
"What?" I say, puzzled.
"A pipe." says the dude.
"Like a pipe pipe?" I ask.
"Uh huh." says dude.
Of course, I had to see it. Sure enough, a pipe pipe was inside a green plastic container inside my air filter compartment.
My eyes got big, I started laughing. I assured them it wasn't mine and one of them could take it home if they wanted.
"Oh, no no no, Mam. We have to throw that away." (Wink and nod)
I'm still not sure they believed it was not mine. Especially because I couldn't quit cracking jokes about it. I'd given them my old car's registration. Oops. Airhead moment. I said it must be the bong water. And on and on with the jokes I went, laughing and laughing with the crew. They were harder to quit than damn dam jokes.
I got a carfax before I bought my car and it was previously owned by a car rental company.
Makes you wonder.
Here's more things to wonder about:
What if I had broken down on the side of the road, popped the hood, and a highway patrolman stopped to assist me? Paraphernalia and residue only but still.
And what about the several times since purchasing the van that I have had the oil changed? They always take the filter out and show it to me... "See lady, it dirty. You buy new one." Surely they saw it and didn't say anything? Laughing to themselves about the Mom in the minivan hiding her treasures under the hood?
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
WHILE I'M AT IT
Posted by Alana at 8:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
This is truly a classic story. I can picture you now cracking jokes with the workers at Jiffy Lube.
Post a Comment