Disneyland was so awesome. We all had a great time minus the break downs and screaming kids at 10:30pm while exiting the park. "I am too tired to walk, I don't want to leave, my feet hurt." I am sure you all know the drill. The kids were in heaven. They had no idea what to expect or what Disneyland was all about. I didn't tell them anything. I don't think they really knew how much fun it was going to be and that there were a million fun rides to go on. Every time we went on a ride, they would ask if they could go again and I would have to tell them, "we have at least 20 more rides to go on today and so we can only go once." They did get to go on a few rides twice since Nora couldn't ride all of them and so we would get a child switch pass and then the kids could go with one of us again. We used a system called Ridemax and I highly recommend it. It helped us be able to make the most efficient use of our time since we only had two days to experience the whole park. Ridemax is a computer based software program designed to help you create custom wait-time-reducing plans for Walt Disneyworld and Disneyland. We spent the first day at California Adventure. We went nonstop all day long, ate lunch at Ariel's Grotto, and ended with World of Color. It was an amazing show. We took a break the next day and swam at the hotel. Our friend Melissa drove over and spent the day with us (she and her family lived in Portland once upon a time). That evening Herb had a rehearsel dinner for Jason's wedding (the real reason we even came to Disneyland). The next day, we hit Disneyland again. Started early and went all day again. Sage was tall enough for every single ride and Herbie was only too small for two of them. Sage's favorite ride of all was California Screamin Rollercoaster and she hated Indiana Jones. Herbie loved Star Tours, Autopia, and Jedi Training. He actually got picked to be one of the Jedi's. We learned that the trick to getting picked is to wear something Star Wars or carry a lightsaber. Herbie had his lightsaber in hand. Nora loved the rides as much as the kids and would cry if she didn't get to ride. I think her favorite was Small World. I can't wait to go back again someday.
On Saturday, we swam with the kids and then headed over to Jason's wedding. Herb is one of the groomsman so he had to be early. Unfortunately, the ceremony was a bit late starting and by the time it was underway, Nora was done and I had to walk around the grounds and missed the whole thing. Sage and Herbie sat quietly taking 100 pictures with my camera of every person at the ceremony. Then we had the wedding dinner and dancing which was a bit crazy since my kids were exhausted from a long tiring week. Herb had to sit at the wedding party table while I tried desperately to juggle three tired yet rambunctious kids at my own table. I am sure the three other guests at my table were delighted to sit by us. Herbie spilled his water right off the bat, then he preceeded to use his roll as binoculars, Nora kept wondering back and forth from my table to Herb's table, Sage and Herbie stole the lime light by dancing up a strom on the dance floor, Sage caugth the bouquet, Herbie stole the garder right out of someone's hands, and by 8:30pm I was ready to go home. Herbie kept trying to cut in and dance with the bride, Kim. It was so cute. Jason and Kim looked beautiful and happy and we are happy for them.
I am happy to be home and looking forward to no vacations for awhile.

3 comments:
Looks like a fun trip! WIsh we could have come :( Someday! Your kids look happy in front of the castle with you. Ha.
Help! I'm exhausted just thinking about it.
I know isn't that picture classic? That was taken on the first day at 8am before we even set foot on a ride. We laughed and talked about how we are starting off on the wrong foot. Sage was mad that we didn't stand directly in front of the castle.
Post a Comment