It's official- Anika can read! My Mom kept telling me that, too. I knew she was starting to read words here and there but kind of blew my Mom off as daughters tend to do. I finally got her a set of beginning books and she had read through 6 of the books 10 minutes after the UPS truck delivered them. My Mom was like, "I've been telling you this!" Anika's very excited and proud. So am I!
As with anything concerning Anika, she won't let me help her. She was reading to me yesterday and I accidentally told her a sound- which she does NOT allow. She freaked out and said now she had to wait until the next day and start over. So, order still reigns supreme in her life. She can't just read a book from the middle or end of a set- she has to read the entire set in order EACH time.
She cracks me up and entertains me all day. It's been so beautiful to have Ben join our family and see her bond with him. They love each other. I love them both. ☺
Friday, December 9, 2011
Anika Can Read!
Posted by Alana at 9:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I am so glad they are good buddies. That is the best. I hope I get to see you next week. Make it happen.
Right now, it's not looking promising. But I was fun once upon a time... at least I think I was... so you never know. But mostly I'm a loser. And boring.
Post a Comment