Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Williams - Our Get Away
Herb and I went away for a short get away this weekend. A big thank you to our friends the Melanson's for watching our children. I am sure they were worn out by Sunday night. Back in June, Herb won a free two nights stay for two at a hotel in Victoria BC. We couldn't use it until peak season was over and then we realized we needed passports. I already had one but we had to wait for Herbs and then the thing expired Dec 15th so our window was short. We left at 3am on Saturday morning and returned on Sunday evening. We had to take a ferry across the river to Canada. We just drove our car right on the boat and then crossd over. It was so much fun. I didn't even feel like I was out of the country. It looked alot like downtown Portland or Seattle and everyone speaks English. We ate lots of really good food, spent too much money on food, visited the Butchart Gardens at night, walked along the coastal line and tried to find creatures in the tide pools, slept in until 9am on Sunday, froze our butts off, took a free horse drawn trolley around downtown, and then headed home. Quick but worth it.
Posted by Ciara at 11:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
This all sounded good until you got to the part about sleeping until 9, at which point it sounded GREAT. I can't even fathom. I guess it will happen one of these days. Brandon and I so need to go on a date. It looks like you had so much fun. I want a belly pic!
Post a Comment