Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sad?

Maybe a little...

Is it just me or is it hard for all parents to decide if things are funny or sad? Usually, it's a little of both. Anika has always been great about bedtime but has been giving me trouble lately. Last week one night she announced her utter refusal to go to bed. I just went about my business and sat down to watch GOLD RUSH. She stayed real quiet and just sat on the chair, surely thrilled I was ignoring her. I could read her mind... I'm getting away with it!

I stole a few glances only to see her eyelids getting heavy. Eventually, she grabbed a pillow and laid down on the carpet where she fell fast asleep. I was reluctant to go to bed because I knew what needed to happen. I knew I had to leave the poor thing there. Ahhh, natural consequences are such a bitch, aren't they?

At about 3 a.m. I was awakened by the sound of very disoriented feet. Pitter patter, pat pat pat. They sounded frantic and like they were running around in circles totally confused and lost. Finally... pat pat pat... they found their way down the stairs and into her bed. The next morning I asked her casually how her night was. She said, "The floor is hard, Mom."

Aaaand... She hasn't pulled that crap since.

3 comments:

Nic said...

I am laughing so hard- I hope that is ok with you. Gold Rush? My dad is completely addicted to that show! He even Tivo's it.

Alana said...

Haha! Yes, Gold Rush! I love it. I get so excited when Friday night rolls around. But we just cancelled our satellite a few days ago and just have an antenna now that only gets a few channels. I am so depressed about it. :( I miss it! So... have they found gold yet? I am dying to know!!!

Alana said...

And Tivo it? Of course! We would DVR it, put the kids to bed, pop some popcorn and enjoy. It was the only show Brandon stayed awake for. Now what of our lives?