Friday, December 11, 2009

El Raton

Do you remember when My Mom, Janna and I put the gist of our worldly possessions in the back of the orange Ford truck and headed for the tip of Baja? And ended up living with Cara and her roommate, Heather, in Newport for over two months?

One day, all five of us were piled in Cara's car, headed somewhere.
My Mom was driving. She saw one of these

and said, matter-of-fact, "Did you know your Father had a Woody when I met him?"

The side-splitting laughter was instant. The tears started rolling.
My Mom didn't get what was so funny and kept saying, "What? He did! I swear it!"


Still, we couldn't get it together. It was too hilarious to hear her repeating herself:

"What? What's so funny? He did! He named it El Raton! It means The Rat!"

That might have been the single funniest moment of my life.
When we told her that
Woody nowadays does not mean a car,
she was the one laughing until she cried.

1 comments:

Ciara said...

That is classic!