Yet another award-winning photojournalism essay by yours truly.
^This is what morning looks like. Anika likes to get in bed with me and watch cartoons (since I'm already watching them).
^This is what hair looks like when you are two, terrified of the unfamiliar Thanksgiving guests and have had your head buried in the couch for an hour like an ostrich. If I can't see them, they can't see me.
^This is what the clean laundry looks like when you are married to Brandon. Happily knee-deep in black marabou jigs since 2003!
^And when two readers fall in love, they make baby readers. This photo was not staged. And that's a toy catalog, by the way.

^ Whilst not propagating my own species, I propagated leaf cuttings of my upstairs ZZ plant to this new pot downstairs. And I finally dusted all the filthy blinds.
^ Whilst not propagating my own species, I propagated leaf cuttings of my upstairs ZZ plant to this new pot downstairs. And I finally dusted all the filthy blinds.
Isn't it all so exciting?
But sometimes it really is. The sisters came from CA for the holiday. Also Jake and Ian. We had so much fun it hurt. It went down the only way we know how... Order hot wings at seven. Have second Thanksgizzle dinner at the stroke of midnight. Then heated political and religious debate until two (that's AM). All the while hysterically laughing, crying, testifying.
Now there's Christmas to look forward to and after that- well- dark and cold January. I'm going to try and go to Lake Arrowhead and Newport the end of January to give me something to get through that eventless month. Is eventless a word? I think we'll cut a Christmas tree down this Saturday, maybe the next, and that's about that.
Sometimes exciting.
Mostly mundane.
(marabou-jig mundane)
But I am deeply satisfied.
And happy.
But sometimes it really is. The sisters came from CA for the holiday. Also Jake and Ian. We had so much fun it hurt. It went down the only way we know how... Order hot wings at seven. Have second Thanksgizzle dinner at the stroke of midnight. Then heated political and religious debate until two (that's AM). All the while hysterically laughing, crying, testifying.
Now there's Christmas to look forward to and after that- well- dark and cold January. I'm going to try and go to Lake Arrowhead and Newport the end of January to give me something to get through that eventless month. Is eventless a word? I think we'll cut a Christmas tree down this Saturday, maybe the next, and that's about that.
Sometimes exciting.
Mostly mundane.
(marabou-jig mundane)
But I am deeply satisfied.
And happy.

0 comments:
Post a Comment