Nicole, per our conversation the other week, and the comments about picking fights with Quinn, I have felt inspired to share my lovely photojournalism essay entitled "Loneliness in Marriage". This was our first year and I couldn't understand why Brandon would fall asleep on the carpet, face down, every night around 8 p.m. Why didn't he want to stay up and talk to me, touch me, and look at the stars? I was so depressed one night about the lack of companionship that I took these photos just to entertain myself. The first is, of course, Brandon in Pleasantville and the next is me and how much I longed for his company. What, you didn't know I had a brief stint in photojournalism? It's great, I know. These pictures from 2003 are typical of nearly every night since... we're coming up on our 5 year anniversary this Tuesday. Who's gonna ride your wild horses? Who's gonna drown in your deep blue sea? OK, I am laughing out loud right now because the pictures just uploaded and look at me! I'm a mess! Who really WOULD wanna ride those wild horses? I'm wearing my husband's T-shirt for Pete's sake... surely, that's nothing to stay up for. Brandon and I simply don't smoke the same brand, but I love him just the same.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
I hear ya
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Why didn't anyone tell me that I needed highlights? You Bee-oches!
Do you want to go to lunch on Monday?
You know you're getting up there when you have to buy a new bra because the girls don't fit anymore.
Yes, I totally want to do lunch on Monday. I was gonna ask the same thing but knew you only had a week left of summer and didn't feel worthy to take up an hour. I will call you tomorrow or something. I love the "under-the-boob roll".
I still don't think the picture of that girl is you. Who allowed you to marry at the age of 12?
I know, total child bride of short creek... 23, but looks like i'm 13!!!
Post a Comment