You may not be aware, but I'm religiously addicted to MAC products... Knowing this, it may surprise you to hear of my chagrin at discovering the fact that IMOVIE has been completely renovated and changed. It doesn't even look the same. Ug, I hate learning new apps. The new Word for PC is about enough to kill me.
The story: I was editing a wedding video (for the second time thanks to my overexposure of the original film) and had just finished when low and behold the mac laptop I was using DIED! This is the second mac laptop I have destroyed after less than a year of service. Yes, perhaps my love affair with Mac is a bit tainted, but fear not, I will simply stick to desktops from now on. I hate laptops anyway. So we ordered this new fabulous desktop mac (when I say "we" i mean my mom- I don't have the funds) and I open imovie to discover it is COMPLETELY different. Now, not only do I have to edit the wedding video for a THIRD time... I have to learn an entire new program to do it! Yuck. Looks alot like final cut pro, def not as user friendly. I'll let you know how it goes. Wo is me. Heading to Lake Powell again tonight. Third time in 7 days. Gotta love the Lake! Alana- you up for coming out with me yet? Wanna go tonight? Round 9 pm. Shish-ka-bobs will be involved.


2 comments:
Uggh, that editing sounds like a nightmare! I hate learning a new program after getting used to one. If you love Macs you should head on over and check out my Mom's new computer... the iMac w/ 24 inch screen. It is totally insane. My nephew works for apple so he got her a discount. No Lake Powell for me, but Pine Valley tomorrow. I'm living vicariously through your Lake Powell trips. Have fun.
I want to go to Powell. I guess I will settle for the Oregon Coast and camp in a tent!
Post a Comment