Thursday, July 24, 2008

WORD TO THE WISE

Mark my words: Don't ever paint your bedroom flourescent turquoise without thinking about it for at least an entire menstrual cycle... yes ladies, AT LEAST give it 28 days. You see, moods play a huge part, if not the entirety of all decisions. It's like when my hairdresser wouldn't give me bangs while I was pregnant.... so wise! I should have taken that little turquoise thought into my bosom for the ups and downs of a whole month and THEN see if I still have the "Mexicali blues". Instead, I hastily chose a color while in the midst of packing for my trip. I threw a few samples on and was on such a high that perhaps I said "I just feel like being so bold and bright". Well, now I feel like crawling in a hole and I feel like the blue is so bright that the hue it gives my skin is like some sort of TREATMENT. My own Mother even asked me if I was Mexican. (Is there something she's not telling me?) It's cotton-candy, it's smurf, it's juvenile, it's medicinal... yet remedial in NO way... more like poison really. OK, stop it Alana. This morning I woke up and thought, wait, this ain't so bad. And now I'm thinking, "Hey, am I really so dull and boring and scared that I can't have a bright bedroom?" How tragic would it be if I threw that pukey almond color back up immediately? What a boring weenie I would be! I think I'm a feelin' the BOLD all over again and will keep it. Plus, if I tell Brandon I want to re-paint I fear he will kill me in my sleep. No, I KNOW he will kill me in my sleep. So Havasupai-blue it is. Who even gives a rats a**?

3 comments:

Alana said...

I'm absolutely positive you know no one more moody than myself... I don't. Only an hour later after that post and I currently feel IN LOVE with the blue room. I think it is PERFECTION. But... as always, talk to me tomorrow.

Alana said...

p.s. All along I had my winter duvet in mind... it's a graphic burnt orange print. Blue and orange is always my favorite, maybe like the desert? So in the winter I can pretend I'm in Havasupai, or even WAY BETTER... floating down the blessed Little Colorado River!

carly k said...

I think it looks like it came straight out of Pottery Barn or something! I adore it.

I had no idea you had such impeccable style! I'm totally going to be posing off you for the rest of my life!!!