Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bye Bye

Well, Anika and I are off to California tomorrow. Brandon is bailing on us and we have been fighting about it for literally a week. He says we can't afford for him to miss work, which is no argument, but I was freaking because I feel like I can't do it alone. Sure, I'll have my family to help but its not the same. They don't know just what she needs, and how, and when. Plus, I can't boss them around. Just kidding! I like to pretend that Brandon is whooped but a little known fact about the Big B is that he is the most stubborn person I know. Once he decided he wasn't going, THAT'S IT. There is no talking him into anything. But we did manage some small consolation prize for myself. While I am gone he is going to paint our bedroom Havasupai Blue! I am so excited. So, when I am trying to sleep in the same room with Anika, in a strange house and she is up crying all night, or when I am hovering relentlessly over her inside of a non-baby-proof house, unable to visit and enjoy my family, I will just think of my blue room. It's still not worth it but it's a small little something to keep me going. That darn Brandon, I am still so ticked. Here is a picture of Anika with her first "hairdo". Thank you to Kasey for the special rubberbands. Whenever Anika sees me coming with a comb or a diaper she runs and hides behind her highchair. It's like her little zone where she thinks I can't get her.

3 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Oh they are SO cute! Good job getting her to sit still for a minute- it is so hard to put piggies in Hailey's hair, I have to distract her with something sometimes it's just not possible, Anika is so FREAKIN CUTE- I love her cute little face- I just want to bite her nose!

Ciara said...

Good Luck in Cali. I know exactly what you are feeling. I have been there. Anika looks so happy. She has a great smile.

Paul Levie said...

It is not that bad. I took the two kids for a week to Cali with my Dad of all people. You just kind of realize that it has to be done and you just get through it. That is sad that the Big B can't go but you'll be just fine.