Saturday, July 26, 2008

Random Sampling

I've been out of the loop for a while now.  The latest is that I think I'm going mental.  I freak out regularly, I pick fights with Q constantly, and I'm never ever content.  I also have problems with people I should be showing unconditional love.  Why am I so uptight?  Why do I let EVERYTHING get to me and bug me? What is wrong with me?  Do you think I should pop a prosac?  Wouldn't hurt.   So my ultimate question(s) is this:  How do you let go?  How do you not let things get to you?  How do you make yourself not care?  How do you force yourself to become laid back?  How do you enjoy today without freaking out about how it will effect the future?  How do you release anxiety?  How do you accept mistakes and flaws? How do you stop thinking you know the solutions to everybody's problems?  How do you just be?  
How do you get outside your head for one decent moment of peace???!!!?!



Check out Meg's tight buns.  Oh- how it used to be... those yonder years of the past...  You know- the ones without cottage cheese.

Paul- does this remind you of anything?

One week of summer left and then it's back to slaving away among the degenerate leaders of tomorrow's welfare crisis.

I think I sweat my entire liquid mass index off in the first half hour of this year's PV hike.

4 comments:

Alana said...

Yay, loved the randon sampling. Brandon and I were in Pine Valley today hiking up whipple and I was thinking of your hellish nightmare last week. Meg does indeed have some tight buns. You never really appreciate it while you have it.. tell her to live it up and wear string bikinis. One thing I have burned into my brain from growing up in an alcoholic home is the Serenity Prayer from AA. "God grand me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." They print it on everything, like the sobriety tokens and say it like a prayer at meetings. The minister that led my Dad's memorial led us in it and there is something powerful to it. I say it out loud a lot, and not even seriously most of the time, prefaced with ... "Let us pray..." Not only is it powerful but it makes me laugh that I use it, so it doubly puts a smile on my face. I can hook you up with a sobriety token if you'd like. How many months are you? You're not as uptight as you think darling and I rather enjoy your company. But yeah, pretty much the sobriety prayer AND prozac. I always wonder what "normal" people feel like.

Alana said...

I think you just might be too smart for your own good. Maybe you should get a lobotomy? I think dumb people are generally a lot happier.

Alana said...

Let me also say... WTF, summer is over? That is psycho, it seems like it went by so quickly. Uh oh, deep dark depression coming on for you. I'll be sure to bring you chocolate, or something deep-fried.

carly k said...

Not to be too clique...but yoga helps me clear out a bunch of mental junk. And cleaning my house. More than anything, hanging out with my awesome friends whose name starts with a "C" and ends with a "arly"! You can call me and vent anytime!!!