Friday, August 6, 2010

Annie and Nicole here

We are alive and beginning to surface. No matter how much I love staying holed up in the annex with Annie, I have to go back to work on Monday (less than 2 weeks after my C-section) so I need to get a jump on things.
Speaking of "things"- things are great! super great! Annie is a dream, nursing is a breeze (no seriously-I'm so lucky), and I didn't have to deal with an opesiotamy (spelling?) !! The hospital was like a spa only better because they keep you hopped up on drugs. Now that we are home, I am having a blast trying to believe little HQ is really a girl! We are head over heels in love with her. She never cries, has tons of black hair, and is so alert.
Pictures to come. Thank you cards to come (someday)... but for now, I am going to finish reading Behind the Iron Curtain, an illustrated Stallin history children's book to Annie.

2 comments:

Alana said...

I am so excited you had a girl! I seriously love her already and can't wait to meet her. You have quite the week ahead of you but as soon as you feel up to it, text or call so I can come see you are alive and meet the little cutie.

I can't believe you have to teach. As in Monday? As in tomorrow? All I have to say is YOU ARE CRAZY!!!

Where do I get one of those no-cry babies? I keep thinking positively so hopefully my next will be that way.

Wow, congrats! I can't believe it's true. A baby girl!

Ciara said...

I am so glad you decided to try out nursing. Why can't they get a sub for the first few weeks of school so that you can fully recover. Heck, why not just quit all together. Who is going to take Annie all day? You are going to miss her. You sound so happy and Annie is beautiful. You are going to be an awesome mom.