Thanks to my rich sugar daddy, Cara, we got to stay a week at the beach again this year. She rented the same beach house and it felt like home when we got there. I uploaded all these photos in random order.
My Mom would kill me if she knew I posted a photo of her in her swim suit but I couldn't resist showing her off. Can you even believe this woman is 70 years old?!?! I, myself, do not believe it. Especially when she gets a tan... wow, she is one hot senior citizen! Still no gray hair... just the few on her crown she makes me pluck, ewww.
Here is our awesome house. I could not get used to the fact we could go outside any time of day. A constant 70 degrees is welcome after a July holed up in my desert cave.
Ocean view, glass deck, all white. The house is all white from top to bottom. How do these people dare rent their house all summer?
I grew up watching the Amtrak cruise past the beach all day, waving to the passengers. But it never occurred to me we could ride it. I took Anika for a 20 minute train ride down to Oceanside and she absolutely loved it. She still has her ticket stub and looks at it all the time.
The entire week was paradise. It's just not the beach unless it's the family plot. I felt Gaga (my Grandma) smiling down on us.
I came upon Cara and Anika in my room listening to Cara's ipod. It looked so much like a Pink Victoria's Secret photo shoot that I couldn't resist a photo. Cara and Anika had matching anklets and relaxed while talking about Cara's boyfriend. They are both such teenagers.
And last but not least, the mini van! Where has this thing been all my life? We were able to fit three adults in the third row when we had to go somewhere together. I can't tell you how easy traveling was in that thing and can safely say I will be a mini van driver for life. It's like a plane and I kept thinking someone was about to serve gingerale.
It's mildly good to be home. Difficult, though, to be back to the frying heat and nothing to do. I need to seriously consider somewhere with four seasons. In Lake Arrowhead we had a great winter with snow, long falls and springs, summer with a high of 85 and the lake. We were also
1 1/2 hours from the beach. Janna and Mike are planning on moving to the beach next summer. Cara's in Newport, Jake at UCI, Andrea and Ian in Lake Arrowhead. Help! Will my Mom leave me too? What would I do? I really don't want to move to California. I like it here and the summer would be bearable if I had a yard with grass and trees, shade. I still want to move to the boonies. Escalante?
Brandon, Anika and I are going back to California in a month or so to Cara's house. She's 5 minutes from the beach in Newport but we're still going to drive the 40 minutes to San Clemente each day because like I said, it's jut not the beach unless it's our beach.

1 comments:
I am glad you had such a fun time.
Post a Comment