
Ward Easter Egg Hunt - The event was well attended and there were 1100 eggs scattered around the church. The kids scored.

Nora found two eggs and was happy as can be especially when she discovered what was inside.

Herbie's new Tonka truck that he got for his birthday is Nora's new favorite toy (I think she likes it more than Herbie).

Herbie is into rockets and astronauts right now. I was going to make him a Ligtening McQueen car cake for his birthday because Kelli gave me her old Cars pan. I started to make it yesterday and asked Herbie if he wanted to help me, when he saw the Cars cake pan he said, "I don't want that kind of cake, I want a rocket ship cake." I was crushed because for once I was going to do something cool for a cake since I had a cake pan mold. Needless to say, I scraped the Cars theme and went with a rocket cake. It turned out okay after I got over my panic attack and hot flashes because icing the cake was stressful. The problem was that Herbie loves the color red so I wanted to make red icing for the cake but I couldn't get red only pink and I didn't want to put pink on his cake, after blood, sweat and tears, I discarded the precious frosting and started over and chose to go with green and blue. Good news, Herbie loved it!!! I used chocolate cake for Grandma and the rocket was for Herbie because I don't want to make or eat two cakes. Herbie turned 4 and Grandma McClean turned 59.


I made this amazing
Happy Birthday banner about a month ago. I have no wall space so we hung it from the ceiling.


Darth Vader is in our presence. Herbie is obsessed with anything Star Wars.
He got this costume as a birthday gift. Check out this hilarious commercial for
VW on you tube.
2 comments:
K that commercial is awesome! I love it. Drake is into that spiderman costume mom gave him. He wore it for like a month straight EVERY day. Even under his clothes. I love when the kids play dress up. It's so fun to watch them and their imaginations.
Okay, Herbie and Anika are officially soul mates. Red is her favorite color, too.
How does anyone make cool cakes? I get a couple of boxes of ding dongs, stack 'em up, throw some candles on and light 'er up. That's how I roll, bitches.
Love the cute banner.
I always forget Herbie and Val share a birthday. Anika's is on Friday. :)
Post a Comment