I love finding photos in my phone that Anika took. Most of them are, of course, cat related. She also draws pictures on the phone and saves them for me to happen upon. It always makes me smile to browse the album and see what she thought was picture-worthy. That bottom photo is Crispin the cat. That's who she has been pretending to be for about a month now.
The cat thing acts as a degree of separation for her, I think. Like how psychiatrists use puppets like on What About Bob. She never lets me comfort her or talk about her feelings. If she gets hurt or upset, she gets angry and wants no one to look at her or talk to her. (She totally got this from me. I still do that to my family.) But if I talk to her in meows, she will pour her heart out. Meow meow meow meeeeoooow... you can totally catch the drift of what she is saying or crying about. We seriously will have 5 minute conversations about feelings all in meows. She plays with virtual cats on the phone that have a happy meter you have to fill up. She lets me snuggle and comfort her now... as long as I ask her if I can help get her happy meter to the top. She accepts much more affection in cat mode. While she's been a cat, what have I been for a month now? A flamingo! Yes, I have to play the part. It's exhausting. But that's another story entirely.







1 comments:
um- what the heck? I thought Ben was a baby?! I just scrolled down and discovered that he is totally grown up. We suck that we don't hang out. Yes,please let's go to a movie soon. Anything good out?
Post a Comment