Enjoying the calm before the storm with 5 more weeks to go before Abby joins our family. I haven't been up to much other than complaining about how uncomfortable I am getting. I am tired, my stomach is tight and itchy, my leg hurts, and my back hurts (that reminds me of the commercial for Snickers. The kids think it is hilarious when the lady says, my back hurts, ow, now my front hurts). I sewed a few things for Abby over the last few weeks: small blanket, pacificer clips, and some swaddling blankets. I am pretty much ready to do this other than I am not looking forward to the lack of sleep.
We also started potty training Nora this weekend. I am doing a 3 day potty training regime (day and night). I am not one for a strict regime but a friend recommended this method and I thought I would give it a try because I don't want two kids in diapers. It has been a long weekend. We started on Saturday and that first morning was long with lots of accidents but it has gradually gotten better and she is doing fantastic. I have to watch her like a hawk and keep reminding her to tell me when she needs to go but I like the method so far. She has stayed dry for naps and actually stayed dry all night Sunday night. I purchased the ebook from the following web site if this style interests you and I have been pleased so far: http://www.3daypottytraining.com/. I was extremely nervous to start and it is a work in progress but I won't go back to diapers. I am so proud of her and the progress she has made.
Monday, February 13, 2012
Williams - 5 more weeks
small blanket
pacifier clips swaddling blankets
Me and my basketball!
Posted by Ciara at 1:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Holy crap, girl! That does look exactly like a basketball. 5 more weeks is all? Strange how other people's pregnancies go by so quickly, haha. Will you have any help after the baby is born? I'm exhausted just thinking about you... you will have your hands full, indeed. Love you!
I know crazy that I only have 5 more weeks. I was going to have help from Herb's mom but then she ended up getting a job and so now she can't come right away. Herb's dad might come for a couple days and his sister Ashley lives here in town so she might take a day or two off work. It will all work out, hopefully.
I love how with each child you become even more domestic Ci. And you're still as easy going as #1, a rare thing. I can't wait to meet Abbbbeee as Nora pronounces it!
Ciara! You are all baby! You look so good. I have been thinking about you a lot and wondering how things are going. So I see you guys have a name, Abby. I secretly love, love that name! But it's ok I'm not bitter :)
We are so excited for you and good luck with potty training!!
Post a Comment