Monday, February 20, 2012

Fresh Out



Or for those who know restaurant speak... *86* money.

Brandon had to go to the bank tonight and deposit our last two $10 bills so that tomorrow when the life insurance payment is withdrawn there will be enough money in the account. He started scrounging for some change to buy some ice cream while he's out. I took our usual bowl of change to the CoinStar in December. (We call it a CoinStar Christmas.) Where to scrounge up some change?

And then he had a brilliant idea... his metal detecting jar of coins. He was getting quite excited about it..."There are quarters, Alana! We can get blue bunny!"

It was pretty funny. You had to be there. (???)

So the metal detecting finally paid up.

She's proud of the weight I've lost. And really proud of this!


1 comments:

Nic said...

he he he....we are not the only ones! The bad part is when you start relying on the change drawer to pay bills. I am willing myself not to go there mentally but I can't help it from creeping into my mind. If I empty the jar too much I find there is nothing really in there worth emptying.