Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Little Buttercup



So today Brandon is going to build me this table! I have been drooling over it for many weeks now so he bought some nice kiln dried wood and is going to replicate it for me. Oh how I love being married to my own furniture store. Also, check out his new lamp shape he made for our house... we had the house wired so it turns on with a switch and hangs right over the dining area. Of course he tells me the mathmatical name for the shape but I can't remember. Anyone know where to score 8 chairs for less than $100 a piece. Chairs are so expensive that we will be pulling up beach chairs to the table for many months to come, I'm sure. Anyway, why is it so sexy when a guy builds stuff? I always tell Brandon that I'm glad he doesn't teach math anymore because I need a man who puts a drill bit through his thumb on occasion.

True story: Brandon was building our house and he calls me up and says "Hey hun, do you have a minute to bring me a bandaid... I hurt my thumb". So I drive over with a bandaid and ask him to "show me where it hurts"... at which point he reveals his rearranged thumbnail. There was nothing left of the end of his thumb- I couldn't even make sense of what went where. The end of the drill bit looked EXACTLY like ground burger. I told him to get in the car now, we are going to instacare. He refused and that's when I had to get mean. I said "you idiot, you need more than a bandaid!!!!!" In fact, he needed what was left of his nail removed, stitches, antibiotics.... the doctor even discovered that the drill bit deflected off his bone and chipped some off. When it hit the bone, that's when it went towards the end of his thumb, thus "blowing out" his flesh. Oh Brandon darling, my little buttercup.... A BANDAID????!!!! Anyway, love a man who is "good with his hands" :)

Let's hear it for Quinn whom I ran into yesterday and talked to by his truck that A) is a Toyota truck, B) has an NRA sticker on it, and C) had some big motorized woodworking tool in the back. That's a man's truck.... a man with 2 healthy testicles.

Anyway, our dream in life is to live in Springdale by the river and have a furniture/ stained glass/ lamp store connected to our house. This likely will never come to pass but what we are determined to accomplish by 4 years from today is to buy a little piece of land and build a little ranch house with horses. No matter how small a house, I'm determined to live in the country. I want Anika to grow up how I did... not playing in a gutter, but riding horses, building forts, catching lizards, climbing trees. Our house bordered the national forest when I was little and I'd go for a horseback ride every morning with my Mom. I've had this fantasy for 10 years: I see my little ranch house and me and my daughter are out shoveling the manoor in the corral... the little girl is wearing panties, white tank, and cowboy boots. Then we work in the vegetable garden. Could this be Anika? My dream is just around the corner... I can't wait!

Anyway, come see my new house yo!

2 comments:

Nic said...

Love the table.

Starting a wedding video business tomorrow. Wish me luck!

-n

Kelli Eudis said...

What a nice dream Alana. I can picture you and your little girl riding that horse. I've dreamt of that many times.