Monday, April 28, 2008

Oatmeal Cake!


I seriously LOVE this stuff! QM made me not one, but 2 oatmeal cakse for my birthday... you know, the kind with the home made coconut, walnut, brown sugar frosting. YUM-a-molee! In fact, I love it so much, I think I'll go home and eat some right now. Come to think of that, I better beat Quinn home.

So I feel like a moron! I've been so consumed with my struggles this year that I didn't realize how miserable I was to be around. I didn't realize that my situation PALES in comparison to one of my best friends... and here I've been complaining to her EVERYDAY for the past year!!!! I feel so stupid and humiliated. How is she still my friend? I feel so stupid. I'm an idiot.

Why can't I just be happy?????

3 comments:

Alana said...

That was probably a hypothetical question but I'm going to answer anyways. You will be happy when you realize this is "as good as it gets". Trial by design. Instead of thinking of moving away from and healing from a disaster, I've come to realize that I'm only moving towards the next tragedy/heartbreak... it's out there on the horizon and I am traveling daily towards it. Depressing you may say... but no, it's actually a positive outlook. I accepted loss and disaster when I signed up for this gig. So cliche, but happiness really is in the small things, the everyday. SCREW THE BIG PICTURE. This is not advice, I hate advice, but just sharing what I have discovered for myself.

Alana said...

You will be happy when you realize that WE HAVE AN IN N OUT BURGER IN ST. GEORGE! From one food junkie to another, I know this is enough to bring happiness. Of course, you have the Burger Bar...oh, how I love those fried mushrooms.

Alana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.