Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ideal

Catholic Charities in Boston, Mass. is ending its adoption services because it doesn't want to place children with homosexual couples as required by law.

Sure, being raised in a home with same-sex parents may not be ideal, but neither is anyone's upbringing. Mine sure wasn't ideal. But guess what? I was LOVED and I knew it! That's all that matters.

If I was an infant or child whose birth Mother couldn't take care of me or didn't want me, you had better believe I would want someone to adopt me. I'm sure these gay couples are just as loving or more than most parents. Gay couples face so many adoption obstacles.

Has no one besides me seen Annie? Orphans want homes. Orphans want to be loved. Basically, everyone is going to be "damaged" or ill-affected in some way by their upbringing because perfection is no where to be found. It just depends in what way. Gay parents may not be perfect but neither is alcoholism, abandonment, destitution, or ONE-parent homes. Hello! One-parent families are all over the place. Let somebody love these babies. Nothing goes above or beyond a child knowing they are loved.

1 comments:

Nic said...

hmmmm. I'll have to respond to this one in private.