Sunday, October 4, 2009

Williams - Bragging Rights

I know you probably don't care about the day in the life of a toddler's potty training but I am so proud of Herbie that I wanted to share.

It has been almost a month since we started potty training Herbie. He was potty trained in a day. He goes to the bathroom all by himself, #1 and #2. He is hilarious because when he needs to go poop, he will sit on the toilet forever. Just like a guy. I ask him if he wants a magazine or book or something. Then I tell him to call for me when he is done because I don’t want to stand there and wait. He doesn’t like to wear diapers to bed at night but he isn’t quite ready for that step. He does get up in the middle of the night sometimes and wants to go pee in the toilet and not in his diaper. We went straight to underwear during the day and even let him wear underwear for nap time. If I would have known that he would be this easy, I would have started long ago. We attribute it to cloth diapers because the company told us that the cloth diapers help them to potty train a year earlier. We are believers. Herb and I joke that he is a 30 year old living in a 2 year old body. He is potty trained but can hardly speak. A couple days after he started wearing underwear, I found him wearing some on his head. He told me it was a hat. At least they were a clean pair.

3 comments:

Alana said...

That is awesome! I always forget you're doing cloth diapers. I may be a believer now! That's great he's trained and loves it so much.

Is he in a toddler bed already or still in a crib? Anika's still in a crib and I don't know when to switch her. I'm a first-timer and don't know these things.

I was thinking about food storage and such yesterday and it dawned on me- diapers... what would I do if I couldn't get any... so the cloth is a good idea. I bet it's a relief that you won't be pulling double diaper duty when the new one comes!

Ciara said...

Herbie has been in a twin bed for a year now. He climbed out of his crib around 11 months and so it was too dangerous to keep him in there. Sage was different I kept her in the crib as long as possible. She didn't climb out until she was 2 1/2. They are so different. I say keep Anika in it as long as you can.

Yes, I am glad I don't have to do double diaper duty. That was the plan.

Alana said...

Thanks for the tip. It's so funny because she's tall enough to climb out but the thought hasn't occurred to her yet. I'm sure it's just a matter of time.