So what... You tell everyone you're quitting because you don't want to work this hard anymore and suddenly everyone's in a panic, like you tilted the globe off its access or something?
Then they find out you're pregnant and suddenly their world makes sense?
Like- no, of course she's not quitting because she doesn't want to work this hard. (nervous laughter inserted here). And for a minute there we thought someone was shaking the way things move and have always moved in pub ed...
...Like they can accept prego but can't process: I work too hard and I'm fed up with feeling like the only one who is working this hard so I'm taking matters into my own hands and no, I will not give my life up for this anymore no matter how good I am.
Is stay-at-home wife really THAT social-taboo in Utah?
"Oh- NOW we know why you're really quitting,"= BUGgy!
I want my STATEMENT making power back! Quitting isn't 1/2 so much fun now that everything let out a sigh of breath because they think it's because of the kid.
FYI: I would have done it anyway.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Seriously people...
Posted by Nic at 2:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
oooh, that sucks! they're still the sting right out of your quit! i'm still in shock about the prego. that principal is going to tell himself it's because of the baby just so he can tell himself he didn't make your life hard enough to quit. dammit, that does take 1/2 the fun out of it.
sorry, i have to say it but i'm so excited for you guys. your kid is going to be so cute... little dimples and all. i think it's going to be a girl! that's my prediction. any psychic feelings?
Wait a minute! Did I just read Pregnant and Nicole in the same sentence? When did this all go down? That is the most exciting news of the century. When is the due date? I am so happy for you.
Post a Comment