Brandon awoke at 1 a.m. to my shadow crouched behind the curtain, peering outside. He called my name but I didn't answer. I was crouching low to get a glimpse of what phase the moon was in and listening closely to the birds chirping. I could not figure it out... birds chirping in the middle of the night? Something was just funky all day yesterday and for the record, I think we're going to have a big earthquake in the next few days.
More crazy...
Anika has had a few bad dreams in her life. They always involve her waking up and screaming something about Emmet taking her toys. She was shaking violently and wanted to go upstairs to see if her caterpillar book was here or if Emmet took it. I told her it was just a dream. She just recently grasped the concept of dreams. When she realized that's what it was, she went back to sleep. One of her bad dreams recently had her horrified... something about a fishing pole and hook and her stuffed doggy.
On my way back to bed, eyes not yet adjusted to the dark, I rounded the corner to our master bathroom to pee before I went back to bed. I just assumed Brandon was in bed. The bathroom was pitch dark. That's when I ran into a body! Sitting on the toilet! Imagine the horror... thinking you're about to sit on the pot and you run into another body you don't think is there. Ohhh, shudders all over.
Needless to say, B and I could not stop laughing... after the screaming stopped, of course.
Adding to the strange day yesterday was our owl encounter. We went on a little hike yesterday afternoon up by The Ledges, above Snow Canyon. A huge owl flew out of a bush, just barely clearing our heads. It was huge. I've never seen an owl that close in the wild, let alone stare right into its yellow eyes. It gave us all a good jump, especially Anika. So bizarre.
Why do I tell you all this? Because whenever I go to a blog on my regular read list and there is no new post, I want to kill somebody. I figure I'd better start blogging again so no one out there in blog land is cursing ME for not posting. Something is better than nothing, right? I'll try to get back on the meaningless post wagon.
Also of note:
Is anyone else watching the America, The Story of Us documentary series on the History channel? It started last night and will be on for five more Sundays. It was very well done. The rest of my sleep was lost last night to thinking about smallpox, thanks to that documentary. But again, it's very cool and you should watch it next week.
Love you all!
Monday, April 26, 2010
Spooky Night
Posted by Alana at 9:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am laughing so hard I am about to pee my pants. Really, that would be freaky to sit down on top of someone.
I am way bummed I missed the America documentary. I have been wanting to watch that. I'm now obsessed with American history. I particularly enjoy historical non-fiction. The American plague was riveting. Please bless that it is on hulu.
I still can't stop laughing, either! It was the single most frightening moment of my life. CAN YOU IMAGINE ANYTHING MORE STARTLING? I still haven't metabolized the adrenaline.
The documentary is a series so don't fear... you missed the revolution but there will be another episode next sunday. We have it on the DVR and B is watching what he missed last night right now.
I am also currently obsessed with American history. My Dad would be so proud and I wish he was here because he was an expert! But that's all I've been reading lately!
A people has never been so free. Ever. Why is everyone so willing to throw it all away? Or at least give it a way bit by bit?
Tear.
I wish I could go back to your apartment in NY and spend all those hours I wasted on Spiderman instead staring into the sea, visualizing the British fleet shooting cannonballs at YOUR neighborhood!
And go to Ellis Island again.
And Wall Street.
That was awesome.
Tear.
Good times!
Post a Comment