Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Slightest Disturbance

...can really screw me up YO.

I'm confused about the weather and haven't developed a new routine. My sister bought the house next door. My Mom moved in !!! What the? I'm so confused. Half my things are in storage. I'm eating weird things. I don't know when I'm supposed to grocery shop or eat or rest or nap or take Anika to the park.

And the big one: we switched from DirecTV to Dish Network and I am so homesick for my old remote. Who do these people think they are making the channels climb as you scroll
up?

Also:
I can't find any freaking girl scouts. Everyone else all over America seems able to get their hands on as many thin mints and somoas as they want. Everyone. Except me. I just know this town must be teeming with unseen girlscouts. Are they in cahoots, staying just without my sight? Illicit drugs are in plainer sight! (and with protocol for acquisition I can understand) But what, I ask, has a girl got to do for some damned cookies? I've got an itch. And I need a girl scout to scratch it.
Where are those little brats?

4 comments:

Nic said...

If you were going to buy cookies, you had to do it in January. They take the orders two months in advance...

However- Sometimes girl scouts set up booths for cookies they themselves purchase in advance for sale in March. I have seen such a booth in two locations during my lifetime: the first is at the supermarket in Kauai , the second is at Lins grocery store. Perhaps you may have some luck there.
If not, I have about 4 samoas left that I may be willing to part with for some serious bonding time.

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

Alana, On saturday look at the gas station right on the corner or valley view dr. and Sunset Blvd. I have seen them there the past 2 sat. The one on the right side!(i think) Also i have seen them at WAL-MART!Good luck with that! And we need to do a park date again!

Ciara said...

The last time I ordered Girl Scout cookies, I couldn't find them either so I got online and went to the girl scout web site. I typed in my zip code and then I emailed the girl scout council and the next thing I knew someone contacted me and delivered cookies to my door. The things we'll do for those yummy treats.

Nic said...

Sp SPOT ON about Darren and the puppet look!