Monday, April 20, 2009

Freaky


It's so freaky to watch Anika grow up. I imagined having a baby but forgot she would grow up to be a girl, my daughter. She is so hilarious lately. She is so chatty and cracks me up with the things she says. I love spending the day with her, even if we're just running errands. She's my little buddy, with me constantly, and I cannot comprehend she will keep getting bigger. What will it be like when she is 12? What will it be like when she is a grown woman?

She has a few nick names. They always come about without even noticing I am calling her by them. When she was a baby I suddenly realized I had been calling her "honey girl". I don't call her that much anymore but lately have noticed I call her "squirty" or "silly pants". Where these came from is anyone's guess. The other night she laid her head on my shoulder and rubbed and patted my arm exactly like I do to her back. When she goes in her crib she says "goo night, i wuv you", then does a little kissy sound. She just makes me happy. The happiest happy I've ever known.

total
complete
joy

3 comments:

Ciara said...

I know exactly how you feel!

Nic said...

I do not know exactly how you feel.

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

Thats a pretty cute kid you have there. I love that swim suite on her cute little tooshy. She makes me happy