Friday, September 18, 2009

Leave Your Pants at the Door

Inspired by today's Travelin'Oma prompts.
_____________

It's customary to leave shoes at the door when entering your home. But... how many people do you know who also leave their pants? I've evolved from wearing just undies to wearing at least sweat pants around the house. But when it comes to comfort, I just don't screw around.

The slightest hint of a scratchy fabric or a waistband cutting my muffin top off can send me into a near panic. Likewise, feeling gross. I love to be freshly showered, lotioned, pedicured. I would shower 15 times a day if I could. I also panic if my feet feel hot. I wear sandals or flip flops nearly year-round. I fantasize about wearing nothing but a big bath robe. Perhaps I wore a burka in a previous life?

My closet is full of cute clothes that no one has ever seen me wear- at least more than once. I try. I really do. But I always end up taking it all off and putting on a white Hanes V-neck tee, which has been my staple for over fifteen years.

Thinking about my personal style made me realize my home is the same. Very simple. Some would even say stark. (?) But most importantly... refreshing. When I shop for clothes or home goods I ask myself one question: Is it refreshing? If it's not, forget it.

I think my personal style in every aspect of my life is clean, comfortable, refreshed.

I hope I make it to heaven one day. And I hope we really, truly get to wear white robes and bare feet!

2 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

I love the word refreshing! I'm always hot. My outfit of choice would be a very light-weight nightgown. Another 15 years, and that's what I'll wear at the rest home!

Alana said...

ha ha! so funny... yeah, a nightgown is where it's at!!! a very thin one with lots of fans to blow breezes up it... ahhh, finally, comfort!