Sage turned 6 years old today. We celebrated her birthday yesterday. We went swimming with the family. We met Herb's parents, Ashley, and Tesa at an Aquatic center and we all swam for a couple hours. Herbie and Sage were both too small to go down the hydrotube, maybe next year. We even put Nora in a swimming suit and she got to play in the water. After swimming we had a BBQ, ate Ashley's delicious cake (Sage requested the style), and opened presents. Sage opened presents with the assistance of Herbie who tried to open all of them before Sage could get to them. She was so sweet, every time I told Herbie to knock it off, she would say, "Mom it is just fine, I don't care!" She is such a wonderful daughter. Sometimes I think she is a grown up and wise beyond her years.
I also made Sage breakfast in bed this morning because she requested that. So I set my alarm to get up before her but just as I was walking out of my room she came walking down the hall and said I was taking too long and she couldn't wait any longer. It was only 7:30am. She was upset with me and I told her to go get back in bed and I would still bring it to her. She finally climbed back in and then it went down hill from there because I brought her cereal that she didn't like (which she has always liked up until now:), she asked me why her bagel was cold. Needless to say it was a disaster and I felt terrible. I should have gotten up an hour earlier and then it would have been a success, but sleep is so precious to a mother of a newborn. Hopefully I can redeem myself.

2 comments:
how do you have three kids and look that hot? maybe if i wasn't so puffy, sweat pants would be more comfortable or hell, even real pants, which i rarely wear.
Cute Sage! She really is so sweet. I forgot to have the kids send her a little package! Does it still count if it's a little late??
Post a Comment