I need to blog. For myself.
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. But would you agree with me that every rose has its thorn? The hard part for me is feeling so isolated. I'm so grateful my Mom and sister are close because without them I don't think I could do it. But the number of adults I converse with each day is small. AND IT MAKES ME TOTALLY INSANE!
One thing I've noticed over the years since we started the JNAC is that it really brings me some sort of strange joy to write posts for it. Whether it is short or long, lame or serious, doesn't matter. It just makes me feel like I am connecting to other human beings... you guys! I've resolved to do it much much more. Not even so much because I want to but because I NEED to. Writing is something that can be totally mine, having nothing to do with kids or groceries or anything else. Something completely separate.
__________________________________________
My favorite baby products for Ben:
I could not live without my movement sensor pad! As little as I sleep, I'd sleep even less if I was compulsively watching him breathe. It gives me such peace of mind to doze off knowing that if something goes wrong with baby I will know it. The alarm went off one night when Anika was a baby and sure enough, her face was all smashed into the mattress and she wasn't breathing! WTF!
And my new favorite is the miracle blanket. I call it the straight jacket because... well, that's essentially what it is. Sad, huh? But Ben loves it. Swaddle with anything else like I did in the past and they wriggle right on out. He stays swaddled tightly all night, even nursing, without budging. Genius invention.
When I swaddle with anything else during the day, I am loving these muslin cotton blankets. I love how big they are and how they feel. They keep babe cozy without making him too hot. I vote these my best purchase this time around and know they will serve us well during the hot summer.
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Need
Posted by Alana at 10:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment