
... missed the 1950's.
That's my Mom at 17. The boy (Don) just e-mailed my Mom this long-lost photo. It was an advertisement for some Inn they modeled for. My Mom says the 1950's really were as great as they are portrayed. The girls wore dresses to school... and girdles... no matter how great your figure was. Girdle's with boning! And they really did go to a burger joint with a juke box and shakes. But my Mom said the girls who wore poodle skirts were dorks. My Mom said they just couldn't believe it the first time they heard rock and roll. It was like what is this? My Mom said she played the song Rock Around The Clock over and over on the record player until her Mom grabbed the record and threw it out the front door like a frisbee. I really wish I could have seen that era. It seems like the most perfect American decade.
Friday, March 18, 2011
Really Wish I Hadn't...
Posted by Alana at 9:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Your mom is darling! And I wore a poodle skirt (I was in grade school, so I might have been a dork to someone this glamourous.) Thanks for your comment. It's fun to reconnect!
Post a Comment