Like I said, random funnies on my mind.
My brother moved out of our house and in with his girlfriend when he was 18. Obviously, my Mom disapproved but could she stop him? No.
It wasn't long until he whined a bit to her about how they were broke and couldn't even buy food. She responded, matter-of-factly as is her style, "You should buy a bag of potatoes. They're cheap and nutritious."
My parents could have helped financially but of course, she stepped back and let a child learn a lesson, as was her style.
I consciously try to be more like my Mom. I need to be more like my Mom. She always allowed us to learn the natural consequences of choices. Tough love is the hardest thing to do sometimes. It's hard not to swoop in for the rescue!
I can totally see her in my mind's eye... You should just buy a bag of potatoes. They're cheap and nutritious... Lovingly sharing such a helpful idea. Oh, Mom. I smile inside.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Also Funny:
Posted by Alana at 9:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment