Thursday, December 18, 2008

Journal of Summer

Sometimes at the end of an era I would jot down as many words or phrases that came to mind that reminded me of that era. In the Journal of Summer I cam across my phrase collage of the Summer of 1998. It brought back so many things I had forgotten... Maybe they could bring back some memories for you?


June 20 one way ticket- Ciara's- Paul's- swimmage- golf course swimming- b & u swimming- Pamela Lee- skinny dipping- full moons- aspen jumping- Kolob mountain- Glazier- pretty much- ramen- Fire on the Mountain- Shakedown Street- fireworks- cherries- right technique- Ci and Darrin in my hammock- feet- Havasupai- Zion- glow worm- Havasupai in 40 hours- raging tempesets- goldenboy1- goldenboy 2- Jeremy's picture- tattoos- butterflies- green salad- peaches & cream- popcorn- sewing pants- skirts- hooded sweatshirts- canals- skimboarding- Run to the Sun with Omar and Diane- Leaf hats- rooster alarm- PPP- sage- cornmeal- eating aspen- prickly pear cactus- sunrise breakfasts- spirit pouches- Narrows- What the?- Uncle Sam- Bull- Spin the bottle brawl- Mexico in one day- 555 MEXO- kill me now, kill me later- Lake Powell- Marty- Spencer- Paul- Crazy crap- fugitive- thumb slammage- smell good blanket- all smell goodness- clothes swimming- 40 below reservoir- Oak Grove- dutch oven- aspen crafts- never ending wild onion hunt- Lake Mary- Rockville Lake- windsurfing- knee boarding- air chair- sunday at Travis'- tevas- thongs- braids- dirtballs- 3 in 1man tent- run baby run- fortune smiles- Paul's haircuts- big dipper- perseid meteor showers-repelling- bridge jumping- falling stars- Eric's- plastic deer- wild turkeys- Vivarin- wild flower hats- water snakes- ambushing- cinnamon rolls- no bakes- Ci's Grandma- peas underneath mattress- zion swimming hole- our song- see are uh- Josh- Beaver Falls- hammocks- porch swings- sunsets- ice cream- fruit- tree by darrins- Savers- "would you look at that"- the D- Marty's party- bike rides- Nicole's brownies- pencil trash can- collage- same things at same time- arms flailing- "laugh your brains out"- do ya do ya do ya do ya wanna dance?- stripper Nicole- frisbee- vernon worthen- team buttercup lives- train wreck scrapes and scabs- subaru- LedZeppelin tattoo- lightning shows- lightninging- laundry- gravity talk- The Ultimate End- tail lights- Ciara speeding- Greg and Joe- pulled over 100 times- running in sprinklers- Enfuego- Run to the spotlight- boulevard home furnishings tv watching- Toquerville Falls- lazy river- peeing bonding- fireballs in sky- super squirells- anti-hammock sleeping- yes, even supermodels- lead the universe- latrines- 149 flies- blanket fort- BBQs- stickers- psycho- ropebridges- MTC sidewalk chalk- deja vu of deja vu- serious- dead serious- sarcastic- suction falls- sleeping on Aframe roof- potatoes- flat tires- never a flashlight- hidden canyon- Wes the park ranger- Robert's wedding- 5:17 a.m. runs- picnic table- moving Paul's car everyday- trampoline sleepage- "waiting for the sun" (the doors)- Mike- Dr. Mario- Paul's robe- Chris- negative on the Noage- negative on the chaffage- walk to Eric's- donuts- grahm crackers- preying mantis- kinkos- spiffless days- volleyball- "shoot me in the morning, shoot me in the evening, shoot me at brunner time"- brunner- POPGER- "remember that time on earth"- kayaking- death to America- "I'm in"- "you're always in"- "girl"- rock on with your bad self- "stallagtite, stallagmite, stallag shutup"- Rocks by the gay people- no gas- 1-800-COLLECT THONGS- supermodel ad birthday- BLM- date de la dull- tent de la love- letter bombs- American woman- American girl- Woman- Nicole's stove- Nicole's house sardines- "how fun is this?"


WOW, I really wish I hadn't done that. It was longer than I thought. It really brought back some memories but I'm just stumped with a few of them. Maybe you could help me out with:

Enfuego
pencil trash can
POPGR
letter bombs
negative on the no-age
picnic table
plastic deer
555-MEXO

How is it that something your brain once knew and felt important enough to write down, you can no longer remember? I'm seriously stumped. Please help me out if you can.

DANG- WE SURE WERE ENERGETIC AND BUSY!

3 comments:

Nic said...

enfuego is a houseboat at lake powell. That's the summer we went on that classic trip.

hmmmm... I'm stumped on the rest. ooo, so annoying! Why can't we remember???????????

I SO LOVE THAT WE ARE FRIENDS.

Ciara said...

pencil trash can was something that I was building out of pencils that summer you lived with me. I just now got rid of the pencils this summer.

Alana said...

oh yeah! thanks for filling in that blank! you never finished it?