Friday, December 5, 2008

SHARE IN THE JOY


I have wanted an entryway bench just like this since... well, forever. We even pushed our wall back 2 feet from the original plans just so we would have room for one of these to keep all of our shoes and junk. Brandon was going to build it for me, copying this picture but even nice wood costs too much moola.

I have had money on a Pottery Barn gift card sitting around but the bench was still too expensive. I was wishing the gift card could buy diapers instead but lo and behold.. the bench went on sale for 1/2 price so the gift card is even covering the shipping price!!!

This may seem not-so-exciting but to me it made my world this week. And to think: I almost used the $ on the gift card to buy Christmas presents!
Close call! I would have forever
regretted missing out on my blue bench.

I will finally be at peace with my entryway.
Janna gave me some super cute hooks a while back so I'm just going to screw them into an old tattered piece of wood for the top part. Wahooo. Fantasy fulfilled.

2 comments:

Alana said...

Could someone please tell me what is with me and BLUE. Even the bedroom walls. I can't escape BLUE... especially this gorgeous faded turquoise... Makes my heart purrr.

Nic said...

sorry- end of quarter so I'm in the midst of grading and have to disappear for a while. It bites. Anyway, I say a shelf/thing like this tonight at ROSS for 129$. I wanted to get it so bad! I know what you mean about the entry way.