Well, it's a boy.
I was so nervous about the health of this baby, I thought I was going to have diarrhea on the drive to the doctor. But the baby is healthy and well. Brandon and I both saw it was a boy before the doctor mentioned it. We both thought it was a girl so we were shocked.
I was set on a sister for Anika, not having to change up the nursery or buy new clothes. Didn't this baby realize I have a pair of pink converse in every size? I have to start from scratch now but I'm getting really excited. At least blue is my favorite color.
Driving around town, running errands today I kept tripping out on men. I can't believe I'm going to raise a son. Into a man. I fear the unknown. I fear internet pornography, my family's alcoholic genes and the draft. This whole son thing seems very foreign and scary to me. A boy? Really?
Today's visit was a mere $708. Last month's visit was $446. Also awaiting the lab's maternal serum test bill. C R I N G E.
Better pick some more pine nuts this weekend. (Anika thinks Daddy has been going pineapple picking.)
Thursday, September 30, 2010
The Draft
Posted by Alana at 3:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Pineapple picking that's cute. I'm sorry about the bills, dang it's so expensive. Even with insurance I cringe when I open up hospital bills. I'm way excited for you guys to have a boy. I thought the same thing when Mattix was a boy. Wait I have so much girl stuff still brand new. But Brandon will sure enjoy a buddy to take out hunting and fishing with. I am way happy for you guys!
I fear all the same things you do. You are going to love raising a boy. Their emotions aren't all over the board.
Post a Comment