Sunday, September 26, 2010

Williams - Painting Class

This is what I have been up to the last few weeks. My friend Melissa wanted me to post some of my work. I just finished a painting class for school. 4 more classes to go and I graduate on December 18th. I don't claim to be an expert painter or artist but I had fun nonetheless. It was hard work though.

Floral Study - completed at Kelli's house while visiting.
Interior drawing - completed at Kelli's while visiting.
Egg
Still Life
Monochromatic Still Life
Another Still Life - I got tired of doing these. I ran out of things to paint because I have no knick knacks.
Duplicating another artists landscape.
Yet another Still Life. This was my favorite one that I painted. We had to paint with only two complementary colors and mix them to create other colors. It was fun.
Attempting a portrait of Sage. This was a fun one too. I couldn't get the eye's right though. Sage told me it looked just like her except she said the eyes were all wrong.
Duplicating Claude Monet's "Sunrise" painting. I love Impressionism. It is much harder to duplicate than I ever imagined.

3 comments:

Alana said...

Daaaang, girl. You go! May I ask how you have time for all this? My favorite is the sunrise one at the bottom.

I recently bought my first knick knack, i.e. totally purposeless item... a white ceramic artichoke.

I miss you!

Alana said...

Is purposeless a word?

Rachel said...

Two od those I hadn't seen yet... I love them and I LOVE Impressionism!