Well, I've never come home from teaching with the Sisters with a pack of cigarettes before. That was a first and probably not the last if I have this calling for a while.
It's so strange that I just told the cigarette story about my Dad, too. I must have been remembering forward. (?)
The church now has a stop-smoking program complete with grapefruit juice, cinnamon mouth wash, and vitamin C supplements, all which surely would have come in handy for my Dad. (You just know that night he was baptized and the cravings hit he was thinking what the heck have I done?)
The Sisters are teaching a couple and their daughter. Both parents smoke but want to quit and be baptized. The first step to the program is that the smoker must crush their cigarettes. The lady was very reluctant, especially because it was a brand new pack. But crush 'em she did. But her crush was weak and we didn't want to leave a whole pack of cigarettes in the trash in the Relief Society room for some foolhardy boy scout to discover. That's why they came home to my trash.
The Sisters are my social life. I totally thought, when I got this calling, that the missionaries would be ladies. Turns out, I'm the lady. They are young and hip.
Goodnight.
Friday, October 7, 2011
That's a First
Posted by Alana at 9:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment