Friday, May 2, 2008

The Actual

This is Q and I at a wedding I videoed last weekend. I think it does not serve me well. Is this really me? Do you ever think that, when you look at yourself? How is it that my mental image of what I should look like is so far from the actual?

So... I'm plugging along. Working hard. I can't believe I still teach dance. Add to that dismay my worst possible student ever. I mean, this kid makes Stalin look like a lamb. Yesterday I actually caught myself yelling, "Decist!!!" at him while cradling him in the safety restraint position in front of an auditorium of mothers watching the recital rehearsal. I'm too old for this. Dear Lord, hear this plea: Send me downs, send me MS, but please, whatever you do, don't send me a kid with autism.

2 comments:

Alana said...

You guys are such a cute couple. I love your skirt. I love Quinn's sweater vest. Why is he always on the up and up? My hip nephew Jake wears those. Plus, Quinn pops his collar east coast style, which was way ahead of his time for St. George. Janna taught me that I have to do that and now I feel like a dork if I don't. Ugggh, dance teaching. I have been toying with the idea of teaching ballet again. I wouldn't mind a few advanced classes but I know it wouldn't end there... Spring recitals and Nutcracker would such my matter in like the black holes that they are. I would be torn apart particle by particle, regretting ever having "made contact" again with teaching. But it sure kept me fit. Anyway, let's go to another movie... your choice this time. Don't be shy with me, you can pick a dirty one like I know you want to.

Alana said...

I'm back. I'm serious let's go to a movie. Another romantic one. I guess you can't call that one we saw romantic... ha. I need to get out to a movie so I don't pick up some more "cliterature". Hey, at least it was historical.