Friday, November 28, 2008

My Ferdinand

You know the children's book about the bull that just likes to sit in the meadow and smell the flowers instead of fight? I have always called Brandon My Ferdinand. He is just like that gentle bull. You just can't get this guy angry. Even when I gripe at him he just replies kindly, "I'm sorry honey, just tell me what I can do to make it better, I love you." Grrr--- it is so maddening. His gentleness makes me realize what a jerk I am and teaches me daily. I really yearn to be as purely GOOD as this man.

Here he is today working on his 31/2 foot creation. The other photo of Brandon with the rolling pin.... this is yet more confirmation that my man loves me. Last week I said pie crust cookies sounded good. He really wanted to work on his lamp but just jumped up at 8 p.m. and started baking. I said, "no babe, don't worry, you really don't have to make me any." To which he replied, "No, I know my Alana needs her pie crust cookies." Awww. Plus, he makes AMAZING pie crust. It's like the commercial for some car that uses images of hot guys with their shirts off ironing and scrubbing toilets. Their slogan is: "All you've ever wanted and then some."


2 comments:

Alana said...

Why yes, that is lead Brandon is soldering with. Perhaps that's why he is crazy enough to have married me?

Alana said...

Oh wait, I just remembered. He did get a little annoyed/angry when we were up talking last week at the much-too-late hour of, oh, 10 O'clock???!!! Poor Ferdinand... gentle until you deny him his sleep.