Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Edward

Thanks a lot Nicole for getting me hooked. I avoided it as long as possible but knowing how I operate, it was an eventuality. I resoundingly echo with TAMN: "My heart belongs to my husband... My NECK belongs to Edward." (And perhaps other, though nameless, parts???) I told you I liked the protective, the jealous, the angry... BLOODLUST. (here) I just didn't know what I was trying to get at all along-- vampires. The good news: Chivalry is NOT dead-- At least in young adult lit and various fiction-- decent or otherwise. Apparently Chivalry is just UNDEAD..... and immortal... and totally hot... and just dead sexy. Bartender, I'll take a Cold One, please.


Anyway, I am finished with your book and will return it when I see you next. Brandon's Mom owns the rest of the series so I can borrow them from her.

I laughed so hard when I opened Mrs. Hadley's copy. Nicole, you crack me up. For those who haven't seen it, the inside of her copy's cover says:

This book belongs to Mrs. Hadley. She is very poor and has spent her mortgage money on this book. Do not steal this book. If you do, you have no heart and will die a slow and extremely painful death. Return this book to Mrs. Hadley A S A P! If you have had this book for a long time, return it now, do not condemn yourself to a lifetime of guilt and anguish.

Perhaps that is why I read it in a day and half? The fear of Mrs. Hadley?

Thanks again everyone for the fun we had last weekend. I haven't gotten out that much in forever and nearly felt 17 again.

3 comments:

Amy said...

oh the beauty (insert my mind wondering here)...

It was such a fun week, I couldnt believe I got out without the kiddos for more than one night a month. Yea!! We need to do it WAY more often

The Larsons said...

Alana I love to read every word you write. You're so darn witty and entertaining!

Ciara said...

Alana, I ditto your thoughts on the exactly. I just finished book 4 yesterday and now I don't know what to do with myself. I am lusting for me. I even was able to convince Herb to go see the movie with me last Friday night. The whole thing just makes me smile.