Thursday, November 6, 2008

One of those days...

Boy am I having one today. Please get me home, in my PJ's, watching a movie, and eating milk and cookies. I want to never teach again!

So I decided I need to do something really positive. Why not climb the hill and think of some great things about the election? Hey, if I can come up with a solid top 10 list about the election, then I can surely survive school until the bell rings at 2:40.

1: Black President! I am so proud and so excited. It's about time. This is amazing.
2: Totally serious VP bid this year for women! First time one of the two major parties has selected a women for VP and gotten this close to the white house.
3: Hillary almost made it too! Susan B. Anthony would be so proud.
4: I think Obama is a good person. I don't agree with his politics (at all), but come on- how many people do you know who would graduate Harvard, have his choice of any job in the country, and decide to head back to the gheto to help the barrio kids?
5: Even though Repubs were polarized, we pulled together despite our issues and offered a semi-solid backing for McCain.
6: Troops coming home. Wait- I DON'T think they should be pulled out of the Middle East, and I do think it's a recipe for disaster, but we didn't find the weapons we were looking for so our premise is shot and besides, the families are going to be re-united!
7: I won't make a profit on my condo anyway so the new housing taxes won't affect me.
8: We'll be primed for a conservative in 2012
9: Democrats are always good to teachers (more money)
10: George needs a break. I think he should buy some remote island and disappear for a while. He deserves it!

2 comments:

Nic said...

3:00- I made it through the day- one of the hardest days this year. I'm going home and taking a nap. I deserve a medal just for surviving a Parent Teacher Conference with a 15 year-old athiest who controls his mother.

Nic said...

ug- it's Friday. Please, if I wish hard enough, can it be 3:00 pm instead of 8:00 am???????????

I hate work today. Yesterday was SOO bad that it is rubbing off on today. Maybe I'll leave and never come back.