Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Williams - The Heat Wave

Two weeks ago we had the heat wave of the century here. I think one day it reached 112 degrees. My car registered 116 at one point. Yikes! I do love the heat but the bad news is, is that we don't have air conditioning. When I lived in St. George, we were able to cool off in a nice air conditioned home. We broke down and bought a portable unit and it barely keeps the living room cool when we break 100. It is the hottest between 4pm & 9pm. So we would usually leave the house at the time, eat out (because it was too hot to cook), make sandwiches, go to the movies, swimming, anything to get out of the house. Herb and the kids slept on the tramp one night, and then the hottest night of all we blew up our air beds and we all slept on the living room floor with the air conditioner blowing right on us. Below is a pic of our makeshift bedroom and Sage and I hugging our beloved air conditioner.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

If this isn't a "members only" blog comment section- I love the picture of you inhaling the cool air!