So, now I just can't sleep, and since that last post my mind is reeling with flashbacks. Just before moving here I was soo into Pearl Jam. Laura Krog (who can think Laura Krog without also thinking.... smoking cigars naked in a hot tub with the boys of the Park City ski team?) and I even had "Eddie Vedder is better with cheddar" written with marker on our backpacks. (Yes, a lovely slogan we made up ourselves because we were so obsessed) Such dorks! Would you guys still have made friends with me if I hadn't bought a new one when I started school here? Kind of wish I kept it. He is pretty hot though. Click Here.
I just wish I was older at the time so I could have gone to a Pearl Jam concert. By the time I reached concert-going age (what's that?) me and Brad, Josh and Jeremy went to THIS concert. We were in the 8th row and I am positive I have permanent hearing loss. It was way too much fun though! Scott Weiland, though kinda creepy, still has that rock-star hot factor.
So, is this weird, but I kind of have a crush on Kid Rock!? Same strange rocker factor I suppose. Confession time: I actually had a Kid Rock CD goin' strong in my car for a few weeks. What??... And you thought you knew me!
Back to the early 90's: How could I forget THIS? That was another tape I owned. I miss tapes. Creepy video though... I 'm pretty sure his pupils shouldn't be that freakishly dilated.
In 5th grade I called into our So. Cal radio station to request THIS and actually made it on the air. Too funny! I think I thought I was 20 years old???? I remember this music video like it was yesterday!
I'm really on a roll here and could go on for days. It's weird how hearing that music takes you back. Let's not forget to mention U2, as I totally agree with Paul on this one- they just might be the greatest rock band ever. When CD players first came out my family bought one (1988) and guess what the very 1st CD we ever bought and played was???? U2's Rattle and Hum. Still my favorite album!!!!!!!!!!!! My love began at a wee 8 years old. I used to build blanket forts around the CD player and read the lyrics from the album cover while I listened. U2 came to Salt Lake when I lived there and they put a "2" next to the "U" on the mountain. At the concert Bono said "Thanks guys... at least we're not the Red Hot Chili Peppers!"
Too bad I wasn't born sooner, maybe I could have seen THESE GUYS in concert.
or THIS.
AND... My ultimate concert-going fantasy I missed by decades: PINK FLOYD
Ok, just had a little intermission giving Anika a bottle and reality hit: Why am I up? Why is it that when you are the most overtired you do not sleep? Shouldn't I be counting sheep? This is one of those posts you do when your brain is weird and then you wake up regretting it. I don't think I'm thinking straight.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Back in the day....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment