Thursday, August 21, 2008

TYPICAL DAY FOR A TYPICAL HOUSEWIFE

Typical? No! How often does a shut-in get to escape to the beauty salon? Sitting under the hair dryer reading a gossip magazine while my Mom babysits is about as far away as I get from reality. It's my little "mini vaca". I think I might have blown it with the bangs again... perhaps they are too thick? Why can't I get it right? I was going for Reese Witherspoon or Heidi Klum, and ended up with Steve Tyler.

The day continued with the usual suspects: Anika's nap, diet coke, post office, car wash, and a special trip to Albys for fresh mozzarella to accompany the garden veggies and chicken for dinner. Here's where it gets even more housewife-ey.... So, Brandon comes home and I say, "Honey, do you like my hair?" ... a simple, "No". wth? The next thing out of his mouth as he walks to the dinner table is, "Oh sick, I HATE cucumbers, they're my most hated thing in the world!" So now dinner was a bust too.

By now, my neck and head are aching and I stand at the medicine cabinet staring blankly into it, only wishing there was something stronger than tylenol to choose from. I escape for a hot evening shower... partly for my neck ache but mostly because that's one of the only places I am safe from Anika. The shower is the one place no one can get you. (unless you want them to. he he he he.)

Eventless and predictable.

In Brandon's defense... I love that he always gives me an honest opinion. If you ever are looking for a truthful opinion, come to Brandon, as he is somehow immune to those subtle (and blatant!) social rules. But that's what I love!!!! When he tells me I look beautiful or he looooves my dinner, he means it! I can always trust his opinion so I never get offended.

0 comments: