We had so much fun this last weekend that we are going to try and go back pretty soon. We went to Tropic Reservoir by Bryce. We have camped there many times, just for fishing, or with Brandon's family, and even when Brandon drew the Paunsaugunt. Anyway, Anika was a perfect angel, much to my surprise. She had so much fun and she is the happiest when she is out of the house and doing something new. Her words of the weekend were "hiking", "Hailey", and "Jack" (the dog). She even slept great in the tent and gave me absolutely no grief the whole trip! Thank you Anika!
She likes to try everything out as a chair and was
sittingon Brandon's tub of night crawlers.
We love to camp here so we can fish the East Fork of the Sevier. Obviously,
it is tragically low and slow in August
but believe it or not, there are a bunch of deep holes where some nice Brown's hang out. I didn't see any of those BIG browns, of course... I was a little rusty. But these days, it doesn't take much at all to satisfy me. I was happy to just be out there. Brandon packed Anika in the backpack and fished with his ugly stick, while I got some alone fishing time down"river", stream, trickle, whatever. Oh blessed day!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
King's Creek
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hello there, I can across Britt's blog, and then yours. It's so cute, and little Anika is adorable...
~Tarci
p.s. I must give a shout out to Brandon, as I had commented on how good Anika was. Brandon is so good about watching her. I never have to ask or beg him to do anything. He just watches her so closely and even let me take a nap in the tent. Upon waking he suggested that I go fishing alone for the afternoon and he would watch Anika because I deserved it. This was so touching to me that I didn't even want to go alone, but opted to hang out with my girls instead. You have got to give it to Brandon. Like lastnight I was feeling SO VERY UNWELL physically and emotionally... I went downstairs to put Anika to bed and came up to see him with his shirt off breaking a sweat mopping the floors on his hands and knees, plus, the whole upstairs was clean. Thanks Brandino, you rock the cradle of love.
Post a Comment