Friday, August 29, 2008

The Advent

I finally made it out of the house today to go to the grocery store. I picked up some fresh sunflowers for Ciara's big arrival. I know, a little early.... I hope they live into next week. But I can't wait until you are here Ci. It has been over a year since we have seen you! Herbie and Anika were just little squirts.

In the mean time of being sick, I have been waging war with the piss ants in my house. I have been on the case day and night and still can't solve the mystery. If even one tiny crumb (we're talking one tiny) is left out, they magically appear. I've vacuumed twice already today. I haven't been letting Anika roam around with snacks, and she is pretty ticked off about that one. It's "highchair only" until this ant season blows out. They come from the strangest places and... I think I'm a pretty smart girl... but, I'm simply stumped. I swear they are materializing from another dimension.

2 comments:

Nic said...

Have you read "100 years of solitude"? Word is, you can't stop the ants. They'll always come back.

Alana said...

Only read half! Brandon gave it to me for Valentines day one year (whatever happened to chocolates and panties?). But I couldn't stick with it... there were nearly a billion characters; it was work, so I quit. But yeah, the ants have disappeared for now but I suspect they'll be back.